5 Commonly Performed Dental Treatment Procedures
With all of the dental treatments available today, there are more than enough options for any patient needing some kind of oral care. You don’t have to sit in pain or discomfort as the solution to your dental problems are there, you just have to find them! A simple trip to the dentist is all you need to finally get the treatment you’ve always wanted.
Below, we have compiled the most common dental treatment procedures that may be the solution you’re looking for to achieve a better, healthier, or more beautiful smile.
- Fillings – For the most common dental disease, such as tooth decay, dental fillings are usually the first line of defense. When acids, formed by bacteria in the mouth, begin to break down enamel, the result is a hole in your mouth. Without treatment, food particles can stick in these crevices, making the tooth decay much worse. At the first sign of a cavity, it is imperative you see a dentist for a dental filling.
- Crowns – Crowns can fix or protect broken or damaged teeth. In the event of a root canal or a large dental filling, crowns can also serve as protectors for your natural teeth to evade tooth loss or further damage.
- Tooth Extractions – An extraction is actually a lot less bad than some might perceive in their minds. These typically dress broken, severely decayed, or wisdom teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – In the event that you are not satisfied with the look of your teeth, assuming you are the right candidate, you can potentially use teeth whitening to achieve a more radiant smile.
- Root Canals – When tooth decay has become too severe, in order to preserve the tooth, your dentist may opt to completely remove the pulp or nerve inside the tooth to rid yourself of pain and missing teeth.
If you feel like the right candidate for any of these treatments, be sure to give us a call at Plaza Family Dental in Peoria, AZ. If you live in the greater Peoria area or its surrounding communities we would love to get you fitted with the right dental treatment or procedure for your needs, budgets, or desires. Give us a call today to schedule your consultation with us!